Thursday 17 November 2011

oh yeah, I have a degree in that, don't I?

That cold just about knocked the stuffing out of me. I've still got a cough and am dragging around like a zombie more than two weeks after the sore throat took hold. I hope no one else out there gets this thing!

On Monday I finished (pending final approvals) a movie, an actual wee movie! In the years since I got my undergraduate degree in radio/TV/film, I've worked on a feature film, a documentary, and a number of television programs, but always in a supporting role. This marks the first time I've done a video of my own (with help from the lovely Kristen, Connie and Nigel) from soup to nuts since I was in college.

And that, my friends, was a long time ago!!!

It's also the first time I've ever used non-linear editing. I have to keep explaining what non-linear editing *is* to people who ask, because it's been decades since there's been any other way of doing things. I feel like granpa moaning about how he had to walk through the snow uphill both ways to school!

But still - learning non-linear editing on the job, almost twenty years after graduating with a film degree? I am a poster child for random semi-competencies and non-linear career paths!

The video is for submission to a conference, so I won't post a link now, but perhaps in a couple of months when I learn its fate.

No comments: